At The Works we are committed to protecting your privacy.
If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to our processing, please contact us via our Customer Contact Centre.
When do we collect your personal information?
- When placing an online order.
- When registering for an online account.
- When you visit any of our websites.
- When you join our Together Rewards Card programme and when you register your Together Rewards Card.
- When contacting Customer Services and during any correspondence you have with our Customer Services team.
- When you provide us with any personal information in one of our stores. For example, if you complete an accident form.
- When shopping in one of our stores your image may be filmed (with your permission) for internal use.
- When engaging with us on social media.
- When responding to a customer survey.
- When opening and viewing an email from The Works.
- When you enter any prize draw or competition.
- When you review any of our products or services.
- When we collect and combine your personal information with publicly available sources (with your consent).
What sort of personal information do we collect?
- If you have an online account with The Works: your name, email address, date of birth, home / billing address, gender, orders, telephone number and an encrypted record of your password.
- If you have a registered Together Rewards Card: your name, email address, date of birth, home / billing address, gender, orders, telephone number and an encrypted record of your password.
- Details of any purchases you have made in our stores or online, including payment type.
- Details of any correspondence (including written, verbal communication and any images you may provide us with) you have with our Customer Services team.
- Details of your marketing preferences.
- Details of your social media username, if you interact with us through one of these channels.
- When shopping in one of our stores your image may be filmed (with your permission) for internal use. If we are filming in-store, a notice will be placed at the store entrance and by the till and you will be given the option to opt out of being filmed.
- Details of any reviews you have made of our products or services.
- Details of your responses in any our surveys.
- Details of visits to our websites including: pages browsed, your IP address, access device and which site you came from to ours.
- Details of competitions you have entered or promotions you have participated in.
How do we use the personal information we collect
Our main uses of your personal information are to process any orders or purchases that you make via our website or in-store and to help us to understand your needs to provide you with the best possible customer experience.
At The Works we promise never to buy or sell your personal information to any third party.
You have rights to change how we use your personal information, which can be found in the "Your choices about your personal information" section. Please remember that if you choose not to share your personal information with us, you might not receive some of the services that you have asked for.
We may also use your personal information:
- To respond to any queries or complaints. We may also retain this information for use during any future correspondence you may have with us. We may pass this information on to our trusted partners to assist you with your query or complaint.
- To process refund requests.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions that you have entered.
- To improve our website. To help us optimise your online customer experience we may collect information about the way you use our website. We may also employ one of our trusted partners to help us look at this information. This is explained in the "Cookies" section below.
- To facilitate your membership of the Together Rewards Card programme. We work with a trusted partner to provide the Together Rewards Card programme and personal information will be passed to them to facilitate your programme membership.
- To improve your in-store customer experience.
- To protect our business and you from fraud or any other illegal activities. We may pass this information on to other trusted partners or law enforcement agencies to use in the same way.
- With your permission, we may use and share your personal information with trusted partners to bring you personalised communications about relevant products, promotions, events, competitions and surveys by email, web or SMS. You can opt out of receiving these personalised communications at any time via your online preference centre (which can be accessed using the instructions we include in any communication we send you) or by contacting our Customer Services team.
Combining your personal information for marketing
We want to bring you products and promotions that are most relevant to your interests. To help us form a better, overall understanding of you as a customer, we combine your personal data gathered across your interactions with us, as described above.
"Cookies" are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information from the browser. You can Click Here to find out more about how cookies work.
We use the cookies for a number of purposes, for instance to enable us to simplify the logging-on process for registered users, to help ensure the security and authenticity of registered users, to provide the mechanisms for online shopping and to enable traffic monitoring.
Non-registered visitors of the site are sent anonymous cookies to keep track of their browsing patterns and build up a demographic profile. In addition, any visitor who has clicked on our advertisement on another site that links to us will be sent a semi-persistent (e.g. one week's lifetime) anonymous cookie that will allow us to analyse advertising effectiveness and manage our relationship with affiliate sites, if any.
Whilst you do not need to allow your browser to accept cookies in order to browse much of our web site or to access many of our services, you must have cookies enabled if you wish to shop online at any of our stores or access any areas reserved for registered users.
Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. If you want to know how to do this please look at the help menu on your browser. As described above, this will restrict some of our services you can use.
How do we protect your personal information
At The Works, we take the security of your personal information very seriously and engage the following best practices to keep your personal information secure:
- All our transactions are PCI Level 1 compliant. Click Here for further information on PCI compliance.
- Your access to all transactional areas of our websites are secured via "https" technology.
- Access to your personal information is password protected and sensitive information is secured via SSL encryption and TSL 1.2 protocol.
- We regularly monitor our systems for vulnerabilities or attacks.
Your choices about your personal information
You have choices regarding the personal information that you share with The Works:
- If you have an online account, you can access and edit information in your online profile at any time.
- If you have a registered Together Rewards Card, you can access and edit information in your Together Rewards Card profile at any time.
- You can access the personal information that we hold about you by making a Subject Access Request. For Customers this is by contacting our Data Protection team, firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can request to close your accounts and delete the personal information we have about you by contacting our Customer Services team.
- You can opt out of receiving personalised communications from The Works at any time via your online preference centre (which can be accessed using the instructions we include in any communication we send you) or by contacting our Customer Services team. Please note that you may continue to receive communications from The Works for a short period of time, whilst we process your request. However, we may still send you servicing messages such as emails relating to an order you have placed with us or a notification when you receive a Reward Voucher on your Together Rewards Card.
- Have your information sent to another organisation, where this is technically feasible.
Please remember that if you choose not to share your personal information with us, you might not receive some of the services that you have asked for.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only retain and process your personal information for as long as we have a legitimate reason to retain and process it.
When you place an order with us online or make a purchase in-store, we will keep the personal information you give us for six years.
We will keep details of your membership of your Together Rewards Card programme for as long as you remain an active member. Your Together Rewards Card account will be closed and your personal information anonymised if you do not show any activity on your account for six years.
At the end of the retention period, will delete any personal information or anonymise it.
Who we share your personal information with
At The Works, we promise never to buy or sell your personal information with any third parties.
We may share your personal information with our trusted business partners to process transactions in the course of fulfilling your order and to further improve your customer experience.
Notification of changes to this policy
If at any time we decide to use your personal information in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, we will tell you. You will have a choice about whether or not we can use your information in this different manner.