If you are a UK/EU consumer, you have the legal right, under the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 to cancel your order within thirty (30) working days following your receipt of the goods or the date on which we begin provision of the services. Refunds for orders cancelled under the provisions of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations will be processed in accordance with your legal rights. For further information about your statutory rights, contact your local authority Trading Standards department or consumer advice centre (for example the Citizen's Advice Bureau if you are in the UK). If you are a non-EU customer, please see our international returns policy. If you are considering cancelling or wish to cancel a product you have ordered from us, please be aware of the following terms that apply:
- Applicability of cancellation rights: Legal rights of cancellation under the Distance Selling Regulations available for UK or EU consumers do not apply to certain products and services.
- The sale of customised goods or perishable goods, sealed audio or video recordings, or software, which has been opened.
- Goods that by reason of their nature, cannot be returned - (Items such as underwear, where the 'hygiene patch' has been removed, or cosmetics where the seal has been broken).
- Additional cancellation terms: Where Additional Terms and Conditions of Sale are applicable to any product or service you have ordered from us, these may also govern your cancellation rights and you should review these carefully;
- Damaged or incorrectly supplied products: You should check all products you receive against your order. If the products you receive are damaged or incorrectly supplied on delivery then you must note the details of any damage or error in supply on the delivery documentation or if you are unable to view the items on receipt, you must inform us (by post, phone or e-mail only) within the seven day period. You must return the products to us as soon as possible after informing us that the products are damaged or have been incorrectly supplied.
- Other cancelled products: If you want to cancel products that are not damaged or incorrectly supplied, then you must inform us of this within seven working days following the date of receipt in accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations or otherwise as soon as possible. You must take reasonable care of the products that you wish to cancel and not use them. Products should be returned in their original packaging or promptly at your cost.
This is not intended to be a full statement of all your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations. Full details of your rights under the Distance Selling Regulations are available in the UK from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or your Local Authority's Trading Standards Office.
- Damage during the course of returning products:
If you choose to return any products to us, we will not be responsible for any loss or damage to them in transit and, for this reason, we recommend that you obtain proof of sending. If returned products are lost or damaged in transit, we reserve the right to charge you (or not to refund any amounts attributable to) such loss or damage.
If you cancel your order in any of the circumstances set out above in regards to cancellation under the provisions of the Distance Selling Regulations, The Works will refund any money paid by you after any products, which have been delivered to you, are returned to us. In the case of damaged or incorrectly supplied goods, we will refund you full cost of the item(s). Any refunds given by us will be made to the debit/credit card account provided when you placed your order and will be subject to our right to withhold amounts for products which are damaged on return as outlined above. Where we deliver products to a third party in accordance with your order, you will only be able to exercise this cancellation right if you can return the goods to us. For further details with regards to cancellations, please see our help pages or contact customer services. If you wish to cancel your order under the Distance Selling Regulations we ask you to please notify our Customer Service team quoting your name, order number and details of the products via our Contact Centre Form.
The Works Stores Ltd
Hams Hall Distribution Park
Goods must be returned within 30 days, using the address above.
Where you are cancelling your order within this cooling-off period we will refund the full cost of the item. Delivery charges are non-refundable if you are returning part of an order. If you notify us of your cancellation after the 30-day statutory cooling-off period, goods returned to us can only be exchanged for gift vouchers. Goods returned for gift vouchers must in all respects be in the condition you received them. This offer applies for one month from the date of purchase and is in addition to your statutory rights. If you return goods, please always retain proof of posting for your records. This can be obtained from your Post Office and is free. You will be responsible for the returned products until they reach us.
Your item(s) will be refunded using the payment method you used to place your order. We are not able to refund through any payment option. We will make the refund as soon as possible, but this may take up to 3-5 working days for the payment to get to your account due to bank processes and procedures.