How we are keeping our customers and colleagues safe
Making it #workstogether #backatworks
We are delighted that all of our stores (with the exception of any local lockdowns) are now up and running however the safety of both our customers and colleagues is something we take very seriously and in this ‘new normal’ we have introduced COVID secure health and safety & social distancing measures across all areas of our business to ensure the safety of everyone.
Social Distancing in-store:
If you have any of the following symptoms,
please do not enter the store:
Shortness of Breath
A loss of, or change to, your sense of smell
A loss of, or change to, your sense to taste
- All of our stores have had a risk assessment carried out and approved before opening to ensure they comply with the Government guidance on managing the risk of COVID-19 ensuring we provide both customers and colleagues with a COVID secure environment.
- All our colleagues have received training and will be regularly updated with any changes that may be made to the government guidance over the coming months.
- We are operating to a maximum number of customers in our stores at any one time, if we reach full capacity we will use a '1 in 1 out' method. This may mean you have to queue for a short time outside the store 2 metres apart in a clearly highlighted area.
- When inside the store we have clearly marked the floor with stickers spaced at a minimum of 2 metre intervals.
- Where possible we kindly ask that customers refrain from touching the products unless they intend to purchase them.
- In this 'new normal' our colleagues are committed to serving all our customers with both courtesy and respect, we kindly ask that you treat them in the same manner.
The following colleague hygiene principles are being implemented across all of our stores:
- We have installed cleaning stations at the front of all our stores providing anti-bacterial cleaner to all our customers offering them with the option to clean down their baskets before use.
- The till point, baskets and any door handles will be cleaned at regular intervals with anti-bacterial cleaner.
- At the till point we have installed screens and encourage contact free (current limit increased to £45/€50) or card payments where possible, although we will still accept cash.
- Customers will also be asked if they would like a receipt before being issued with one and loyalty cards will be scanned by the colleague through the screen with a hand held scanner.
- Our colleagues have been provided with anti-bacterial hand gel which they will use after every transaction.
Customer Face Coverings:
From Friday 24th July 2020 the government have made it mandatory for customers to wear face coverings when shopping in stores and supermarkets. We ask that all our customers respect this ruling to help keep themselves, our colleagues and others safe. Our policy on the use of face coverings can be found here.
Our click & collect service is temporarily unavailable however customers may still order online for safe, contact free delivery.
On 1st July we issued the last 6 months of accrued reward points to all loyalty customers for redemption until the 30th September 2020.
Gift cards that were due to expire whilst our stores were closed will also be extended for a further 3 months.
In the unfortunate event that you are still having to self-isolate and have either loyalty vouchers or gift cards to redeem please call our customer service helpline for assistance on 0121 313 6050.
Refunds on purchases made prior to our stores closing will be honoured for a further 30 days from the opening day of your local store who will be displaying dated signage.
Our website remains fully operational and offers a safe, contact free, home delivery service.
To help reduce the risk of transmission of the coronavirus we have put in place social distancing measures to reduce interaction between people in our warehouses, this also includes the introduction of additional controls in higher risk areas and changes to our current ways of working to meet them. To find out more please click here:
Our Support Centre currently remains closed, except for essential business, for the time being with all of our centre colleagues working remotely from home and we will review this process periodically.
Community and Charity Support
Our social media and email content will continue to support low-cost, fun, home based activities for all sharing new ideas on a daily basis encouraging everyone to get creative and share their inspiration with the rest of our fans hopefully helping make each day a little brighter. Join us on Facebook or Instagram @TheWorksStores or register online for access to our emails to get involved.
NHS Covid 19 Trust Support
We continue to work under the advice of the NHS Charities Together on a series of own label products where the sales will directly be donated to support the COVID-19 appeal including our popular 'Hope the Rainbow Fairy' picture book which is supported with celebrity story readings. We also launched, via our social media channels, a hugely successful competition which will see several of our social media follower rainbow designs created into an exclusive, bespoke jigsaw where all profits will be donated to the COVID-19 appeal. Further details will be updated here when more information is available.
We are also working with new third party suppliers on products that we believe we can help them to sell that also offer donations to the NHS Charities Together trust - these products are fast tracked with the donation clearly visible.
Cancer Research UK
Cancer Research UK remains our nominated charity and we continue to support them during these unprecedented times. We also look forward to resuming our community fundraising events in our stores but only when it is safe to do so.